FavoriteLoadingAdd to favorites

In First, Gaza Sees No Deaths Overnight After Violence Began A Week Ago

In First, Sees No Overnight After Violence Began A Week Ago

In First, Gaza Sees No Deaths Overnight After Violence Began A Week Ago

powers are pushing for a Gaza truce.

Gaza:

Gaza health officials said on Tuesday they had no reports of killed overnight in ongoing Israeli strikes on the enclave, the first apparent reduction of casualties since fighting erupted on May 10.

The intensity of Palestinian attacks on Israel also waned between midnight and a.m. (0700 GMT), a Reuters witness said. Israeli rocket alerts indicated the latest salvoes were focussed on border communities rather than targets deeper within Israel.

World powers are pushing for a Gaza truce.

The Israeli ’s chief spokesman, Brigadier-General Hidai Zilberman, said it was continuing to operate in Gaza in accordance with a target list for the coming 24 hours.

“The IDF (Israel Defence Forces) is not talking about a ceasefire. We’re focussed on the firing,” he told Army Radio.

Gaza residents counted 60 Israeli strikes overnight.

Promoted

Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com

Officials on both sides have previously said that some Gaza casualties have been buried in collapsed buildings and bunkers, making immediate tallies difficult.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

 

Related posts

administrator

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *